Effective date: 14 September, 2021
By using Commander Hub, you agree to allow us to collect and process information as described below.
What information do we collect?
Through Commander Hub, North collects information in various ways. Below we describe the types of information we collect, some of which may include personal information.
Personal information you provide during registration
When you register for an account with Commander Hub via the Website, we will ask for basic personal data such as your first name, email address, username and password. This is the minimal information necessary to provide the service to you.
Once you (or your service provider) has enabled your Device to report to our Commander Hub, we collect:
- Values stored in Essential Data and Alarm History. These include values and labels set up by your service provider within the Device. This information typically includes information related to building performance and management. The collection of this data is integral to the operation of Commander Hub, as it is key to monitoring your building and alerting you to issues. We record a history of the data collected. This allows us to offer you features such as value history or analytics on the data.
- Last saved Default Configuration. To provide a secure back-up of a Device’s configuration that could be restored following a hardware failure.
- Technical information about the Device. In order to improve your experience over time and troubleshoot any problems you may encounter with Commander Hub, we record device information such as model, serial number, IP address, last restart, firmware versions, and interfaces.
Website usage information
You may choose to provide information as you use and interact with the Website. For example, registering a Device or adding device metadata such as a name and location.
Like most Internet sites, we additionally routinely record log entries (including information such as your IP address) and technical information (such as your browser type and version) when there is contact with Commander Hub, for example from your browser.
When you sign-in to our Website, we set cookies in your browser to help provide functionality to the site. These cookies allow you to access Commander Hub without needing to re-enter a password more than once during a visit, and remember any visual preferences you set. These are Strictly Necessary cookies and cannot be turned off.
We use third-party web analytics services, such as those provided by Cloudflare, to monitor how the Website performs. The minimum amount of information is collected, such as timing metrics. Cloudflare does not collect or use personally identifiable information.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect for the following purposes:
We use the information we collect to operate and provide all the features of Commander Hub. The following processing is necessary to fulfil our contractual obligations to you in providing the service:
- To identify and authenticate you
- Data storage and history
- Data analysis, information, and notifications
- Provide services or features you request in Commander Hub, such as performing a remote action on or sharing access to a Device.
We may use information in a non-identified form to understand and analyse the usage trends and preferences of our visitors and users, to improve Commander Hub, and to develop new products, services, features, and functionality. This is based on our legitimate interests, provided that such processing shall not outweigh your rights and freedoms.
We use personal information to contact you for administrative purposes, contract management, for customer service, to address intellectual property issues or complaints. Depending on the circumstances, this may be based on our contractual obligations to you, on our legitimate interest, on the legitimate interest of a third party, or for compliance with a legal obligation.
Who do we share your information with?
Under no circumstance do we share personal information for any commercial or marketing purpose unrelated to the registration and delivery of Commander Hub without asking you first.
The following are limited situations where we may share personal information:
- With your permission. We may share information when we have your permission. One example of this would be if you share access to a Device on your account with an additional authorised user. Here we would share your username and Device Data from the selected Device.
- For legal reasons. We will share personal information with third parties when required by law or as necessary to protect our services. For example, it may be necessary by law, legal process, or court order from governmental authorities to disclose your information. They may also seek your information from us for the purposes of law enforcement, national security, anti-terrorism, or other issues that are related to public security.
- As part of a business transaction. Upon the sale or transfer of the company and/or all or part of its assets, your personal information may be among the items sold or transferred. We will request a purchaser to treat our data under the privacy statement in place at the time of its collection.
How do we protect your information?
North take data protection seriously. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. We maintain appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect information against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, and unauthorized alteration.
Although we take reasonable steps to protect your information, no website, Internet transmission, or computer system is completely secure.
What choices do I have and how can I delete my personal information?
Your personal information belongs to you. You can access, amend or delete your personal information from Commander Hub through the Website controls in your Profile and settings.
In accordance with applicable law, you may have the right to ask us to provide details about what we’ve collected, and you can ask us to delete it or correct any inaccuracies. You can also object or ask us to restrict or limit certain processing, sharing, or transfer of your personal information, as well as to provide to you your personal information that we’ve collected so you can use it for your own purposes. However, requesting the deletion of your personal information may also result in a loss of access to Commander Hub. We won’t delete data that we’re required by law to retain.
To make a request concerning your rights or to make an inquiry, contact us. See the Contact us section.
How long do we keep your information and where is it sent?
North generally stores your personal information until you delete or edit it, or for as long as you remain a North customer in order to provide you with Commander Hub.
Your use of Commander Hub will involve the transfer, storage, and processing of your information to our servers located within the United Kingdom, consistent with this policy.
You can contact us to update your preferences, correct your information, submit a request, or ask us questions.
The easiest way is through the Contact us section of www.northbt.com.
You can also contact us at:
Data Protection Officer
North Building Technologies Ltd.
PO Box 2673